(What Would) M’Aarse Say? Tarot


This deck is the Maria Celia Tarot’s wayward sister. When I was creating the Maria Celia, I would post samples of the line art and coloured images in Aeclectic’s Tarot Forums. I was focused on finishing drawing the line art of the images of the entire deck and have these coloured, so I hadn’t researched on the old French titles of the cards. I instead posted the samples with made up titles – puns on the cards themselves, and, with the minors, badages (wich I basically made up haha, they’re bad adages) which relate to the meanings of the cards. I’m still thinking up puns for the entire deck, plus I’m also considering redrawing the entire deck, so it won’t use the Maria Celia’s images. Pardon the watermarked sample images; they were the samples I mentioned I posted back in 2014.

9 comments:

  1. Superb piece of humour. I like this one, look forward to its eventual publication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice piece of humour! I look forward to this set when it's eventually published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit like trying to get into fort Knox, signing in here tonight !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you continue working on this deck; I can't think of any Marseilles-style deck I would want more than a humorous one! It makes me grin every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really want to finish this deck too! It's just a bit tricky thinking up puns for some of the Majors. :)

      Delete
  5. Any progress on this deck. I can't wait any longer I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings! Are you still working on it? I'd love to get my hands on this deck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No progress? Oh please do finish this deck, I have been waiting forever! It's just going to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann! Thanks for the interest. One of my biggest hurdles at the moment regarding finishing this deck is that I can't seem to think up enough puns on sayings to cover all the majors. The minors will have funny misquotes, and that's more or less covered. Its the majors that's been giving me problems (for example: Maison Dieu/Diev - I can't seem to think of any witty puns to use on this!)

      Delete